COVID-19 Update and Changes
Precautions we are currently undertaking
In order to ensure the safety of all of our staff and patients, we want to inform you of the follow precautions that we are already taking.
- Every patient and accompanying guest is screened before and on the day of their appointment for Covid-19 symptoms and risks.
- Temperature checks for every person before office entry.
- Every person is asked to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before entering the office.
- Enhanced PPE as per Ontario Public Health and RCDSO Guidelines as needed (including: N95 masks, eye protection, face shields, and gowns.
- Extra time is taken between patients to disinfect procedure rooms.
- We are limiting the number of patients in our office by spacing out appointments and asking patients to wait until their appointment time is ready.
- Continually disinfect all waiting room areas, bathrooms, and all other high traffic areas.
- Asking patients to refrain from using the office bathrooms to reduce chances of cross-contamination.
Patient Arrival Protocol
We appreciate your understanding and co-operation during this time as these inconveniences are there to protect everyone.
- Patients and guests must wear MASKS upon arrival for their scheduled appointment.
- Patients must not enter the clinic upon arrival, please CALL first at the door and a staff member will let you in.
- Patients must WAIT in their vehicle or outside the clinic until they are called.
- Patients must attend their appointments ALONE unless assistance is required (eg. child, disability) in which case ONE other guest may attend.
- Patients and guests must SANITIZE hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Temperatures must be taken and recorded. Those with temperature >37.5C will not be seen unless the fever can be reasonably attributed to dental cause.
- If screening reveals signs or symptoms of COVID-19, the appointment must be deferred for 21 days and patient is advised to call their healthcare provider.
- Patient and guests must complete COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire and shall not be allowed further entry if signs and symptoms are present.
- After check-in, patient should be seated in operatory and patient traffic flow must be reduced to strictly adhere to physical distancing guidelines